- Secure Data Destruction
- Data Restoration
- Managed Online Backup
- Data Disaster Recovery Services
Secure Data Destruction
Simply erasing or sanitizing your hard drive is not enough to make certain that all of your confidential information cannot be retrieved. We properly destroy hard drives, media tapes and other electronic media, ensuring that all data is destroyed and rendered unreadable.
Types of Digital Media we handle:
- Hard drives
- Media/Backup tapes
- Thumb/jump drives
Tier 1 can read and recover data from virtually all known formats and support all major operating systems.
Cost Containment Process
- Project initiation phase: this defines objectives and assumptions
- Functional requirements phase: includes fact gathering and alternative strategies
- Design and development phase
- Final implementation phase and restoration phase
- Index and reconstruct lost catalogues from legacy backups.
- Search across specific date ranges, names, geographic locations and filenames on specific topics and identify trends and information gaps
- Archive information online for web access, search and retrieval
- Scan backup media to locate and restore only relevant files
- Restore information from a variety of media and software conversion
- Automated and scheduled daily backup/restore activity on an continuous basis
- 7/24/365 monitoring
- Quick and accurate restoration of lost or corrupt data
- User-friendly, web browser based interface
- Monitored and documented log of backup events
- Cost saving because there is no hardware selection, purchase and maintenance
Rates for data restoration are based on a number of factors:
- Complexity of the problem
- Amount of labor involved
- Amount of out of scope work time and other resources required
There are several inescapable reasons why restoration can be a costly process:
- Catalogues not present for the media and certain dates and servers must be re-imaged or recreated in order to access folders or files relating to specific data. To restore multiple clients, there must be a system set up to host the restored data. This system may have to accommodate many gigabytes or even terabytes of data and maintain the original file structure.
- It is often the case that during an organization’s history, different formats, hardware and software were used to perform backups. Properly restoring data requires working with a variety of outdated operational hardware and software in house.
- Backups are usually performed nightly, weekly, monthly and annually. Depending on the information required, it may be necessary to restore backup tapes that are essentially duplicative, to ensure the data is not missed from an incremental backup. This is a very time consuming and costly process.
If media is damaged, i.e. drive failure corrupted tape headers, accidental formatting or rewriting of media, it may need to be reconstructed or sent to the lab for analysis.
Note: In all cases security and custody protocols are well defined and all media is handled by trained personnel with security clearances. Processes are refined and highly automated and scalable allowing us to rapidly restore media and comb through and isolate the information that is most important. All client materials receive the highest standard of secure handling. Confidentiality guaranteed.
Managed Online Backup and Data Disaster Recovery Services
Our automated storage solution completely backs up server data to a secure off-site data centre.